This Lemon Garlic Prawn recipe is an incredibly easy way to have what seems to be a very fancy meal. I made this for myself while Rod was in the hospital and am making again (with the changes I incorporated) so he can enjoy it too. It’s definitely one I’m adding to our rotation.
This recipe is based on ntbella‘s excellent one on AllRecipesUK.
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 3 or 4 cloves garlic, minced
- 500g prawns, shelled
- Sliced onions
- ½ lemon, juiced
- 75ml white wine
- salt and black pepper, to taste
- Heat the butter in a large frying pan.
- When melted add the garlic and cook for a couple of minutes until the butter is flavoured.
- Add prawns to the pan and cook for 3 to 4 minutes, until pink.
- Remove the prawns, add onion slices, lemon juice, white wine and seasoning.
- Cook 3 or 4 minutes until the liquid is well blended and the onion crisp-tender.
- Add the prawns back in, stir through for a minute or two to let the flavours combine, then serve over angel hair pasta.