This is the Jumbo 900g White Bread TMX 5 Recipe from the Thermomix site, cut in half so as not to harm the Bellini motor. It’s great bread and makes fantastic bread rolls as well as scrolls. If you want a 900g jumbo loaf, Mix this recipe twice. Otherwise, this makes a 450g loaf.
- 185g water
- ¾ tsp Sugar
- 1 tsp dried instant yeast
- 310g white bakers flour
- 1 tsp salt
- 1 tsp bread improver
- 1½ tsp oil
- Add all ingredients to the bowl in the order listed. Combine 7 seconds on speed 7. Then knead for 6 minutes (Dough Function). On the Bellini this is Speed 3.
- Let your dough rest for 15 minutes. You can leave it in the Bellini or TMX bowl or in an oiled bowl (covered).
- Place your dough on an oiled bench (I use a sheet of baking paper or an oiled bowl). Punch the dough down and continue punching / kneading until you release all the gas / air from it.
- For Dinner Rolls, divide the dough into the size you want (the original recipe suggests 80g each). Roll into nicely shaped balls and place on an oiled tray (I lined mine with baking paper) spaced nicely apart.
- For Bread, place all of the dough into a bread pan and be sure to push the bread down to cover the bottom of the pan.
- Place in a warm place to proof, until the rolls have doubled in size or the bread has reached the top of the pan.
- Bake in a preheated oven at 180c.
- Rolls take about 15-20 minutes or until golden brown.
- A bread loaf will take about 25 minutes or until golden brown. Tip out of pan immediately and place on a cooling rack to cool. Note - It will sound hollow when tapped in the centre after removing from the pan.