Very easy to make pancakes that are low in carbs and high in protein. The photos below are from making a double recipe.
Bran Pancakes – LSA and Wheat Bran in a bowl.
Bran Pancakes – add egg to the LSA and Wheat Bran
Bran Pancakes – Mix well. Add oil to a fry pan and heat, add the batter and cook both sides.
Bran Pancakes – with butter and SF Maple Syrup
I forgot just how filling these are! One is enough for one person, even if you’re starving!
- 1 tablespoon Bran (wheat, rice or corn)
- 1 tablespoon LSA meal (Linseed, Sunflower & Almond)
- 1 Egg, beaten
- Nuts and/or Berries Optional - to taste
- Butter or Oil
- Mix egg, nuts, bran, and LSA together. Melt a small amount of butter or oil in a small frying pan and fry, turning once. Put berries and a small amount of butter on top of the pancake and drizzle with sugar free syrup.
- Instead of LSA, you can also use Flaxseed, which is what Gretchen’s recipe calls for.
- You can also make a bunch of these and freeze them to heat up quickly when you’re in a hurry.
- I usually have one of these (without the nuts or berries) once or twice a week for my breakfast.